05 April, 2008

*540 - dessert buffet

This week is going to be nothing short of painful. Dealing with a break up is no mean feat; dealing with ____ is even worse.

But I will be strong, yes? Yes. God looks after me ... He fills my life with little joys.

-

I'm really out of it right now: I worked in the kitchen from 8 pm last night till 6 am this morning, snoozed from 7 to 10 am, and now it's midnight and I'm nearly weeping with tiredness. It was fun though :D More about HEC some other time.

I have a great backlog of photos, but I'm going to perk myself up with the dessert buffet photos first. If you haven't tried Banfi's lunch dessert buffet, you should. It's pretty good stuff. As was my $60 dinner at Banfi (that's, like, nearly $100 SGD; must be one of my most expensive dinners in my pathetic, giam siap life) (I'm proud to be giam siap, though!).

Through the water glass


Seafood salad: we had plates of this stuff!


Chocolate mousse in a chocolate shell


Apple almond tart


Bread pudding with dark cherries


Heavenly creme brulee


Blackberry cheesecake with white chocolate swirls


And to think we had this spread in the middle of classes, and I trotted across the hotel lobby to class to take a quiz immediately after. Needless to say, I did none too spectacularly. But my point is: Statler is awesome!